Sunday, October 30, 2011

Always Hope

Midterms are over!  Praise God . . . my friends and I celebrated at least three times already.  One test was conquered and the other hasn't been graded yet.

Have you ever noticed that life has critical points?  The pressure is applied and everything comes crashing down at once.  I can almost guarantee that a college student's life will become increasingly difficult at midterms or finals.  Bad news from home, drama, friend issues, health - I'll stop there ;)

I like to compare my spiritual life to a bush.  Yeah, a bush.  The free-form naturalistic concept sounds wonderful, yet God has a topiary in mind!  And pruning hurts!.

Have you ever played with dough?  Have you noticed how you can stretch it to a certain point before it breaks?  What is your breaking point?  As for myself, I've felt broken many times this past year and a half, and somehow He keeps working me.

Imagine being blindfolded in the dark, spun around, and told to walk the edge of a cliff.  God likes having us there.  He says "follow me" and gets interesting responses from us . . . usually "WHICH WAY?!?!" or "Are you kidding?"

If you're feeling broken, know that there is always hope.  You are not alone!  Most people don't talk about their problems because it hurts, but there are others that are going through the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment