Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peter and Us

Have you noticed how hard people are on Peter in the Bible?  He was impulsive, reactive, and one of the most vocal of the disciples.  Personally I admire the man.  He said things that everyone else was thinking but didn't have the guts, or stupidity, to say it.  He is also known for his rejection of Christ three times in a row.

I feel for Peter.  The times I've rejected Christ in my lifetime . . . I have no place to judge the man.  Your friends listen to music with filthy language, do you flip the radio station?  How about those trashy movies, do you say anything in complaint?  Maybe you have one or two friends where you know you can cuss your head off and they'll only laugh. 

The only difference between Peter and yourself?  You don't hear the rooster crow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment